Legacy Church believes it is necessary to establish formal covenant membership that is both clearly defined and carefully maintained. Our desire is to enable both church leaders and members to more efficiently identify and exercise their respective responsibilities to God, one another, and the world.
We are a community of people from different backgrounds, different personalities, different interests, different experiences, and different strengths who share one common faith in Jesus Christ.
At Legacy Church, membership means being part of a family.
It is this faith that unifies us together and makes us a family. This family is loved and led by biblically qualified leaders who work to proclaim Jesus’ teaching, mobilize to Jesus’ mission, and guard the purity of His bride, the church.
According to the New Testament, pastors have a specific commission from God on behalf of a particular congregation for which they are directly accountable. Pastors are responsible to shepherd and oversee, which includes leading, feeding, teaching, praying, and protecting. Membership identifies those who have entered into a bond of commitment with our church, and who our pastors will give an account for. Our desire is to enable both church leaders and members to more efficiently identify and exercise their respective responsibilities to God, one another, and the world.
By becoming a member at Legacy Church, you are in a sense marrying into a family - people willing to celebrate with you when things are good, cry with you when things are bad, and lovingly encourage you to remain steadfast especially when you are tempted to stray.
The process usually goes as follows:
- A prospective member attends Legacy Explored.
- Upon completion of Legacy Explored, an application form is filled out and a personal interview conducted by one of the pastors/elders.
- The interviewing pastor will present the application with his recommendation to the elder board.
- Upon the approval of the elders, the prospective member signs the Membership Covenant.
- The new member is presented to the congregation and publicly received into the fellowship of Legacy Church.
To better understand what it means to be a member of Legacy Church please read our membership covenant below.